Thursday, December 31, 2009

Random thought about "JPA scholars"

Yesterday, I didn't to Kinokuniya in the morning. I spent RM150 for myself, RM 100 for my friend. I brought magazine and magazine and magazine. 2 magazines about Gadgets. Reader's Digest and Cleo. I bought 2 literature books, although i am not sure whether I'm in literature class or not, i think it won't be a waste if i bought them. I started reading of men and mice by John Steinbeck. Halfway. The color purple by Alice Walker is damn thick and "it sounds hard". I do have a wish: I am not the "lucky" one.

In the evening, i went to UM to meet Yie Wan. We talked about our recent life. Sometimes, i thought i have chosen the wrong path. I did feel i'm lucky to get JPA scholarship to further my studies in USA. My friend in a private college  who is under JPA told me JPA gives her RM600 allowance (food and accommodation). While Yie Wan who also a JPA scholar, told me JPA banked in all the money and they have to pay the college fees/accommodation/food by themselves. They have to use the money wisely. These friend are both taking engineering. Yie Wan is majoring in Telecommunication Engineering and my another friend is majoring in Mechanical Engineering. They have the same length of bonding which is 6 years. USA scholars, should we feel grateful? We all have almost the same achievement in SPM. We will further our studies overseas while our friends here will continue to study here. Besides, they have the same length of bonding as us. Supposedly, they should not to have such a long bonding as government will spend less money on them.

UM isn't big but it's big enough to discover new experiences. Yie Wan is leading a new way of life towards better future. As for now, I learnt nothing about engineering. Both of my friend in public and private university in Malaysia have learnt halfway about engineering. There are a lot of clubs and societies about engineering for them to join. We will graduate almost the same in next 3.5 years.

All three options to graduate as an engineer have their own pros and cons.
"OVERSEAS", "Local Public University", "Local Private College"

I will wait and see what we will be in the further.

No comments:

Post a Comment