Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My not-so-interesting TOEFL story

"It was not high. It was not low. It was mediocre. It was not enough for 1. However, it was enough for other 4. Thanks."
This is the answer i gave to whoever asked me "how was your TOEFL?"


1 is referred to Wisconsin.
"International students entering the College of Engineering must have met the Communications "A" requirement. If you are transferring from outside the U.S., you must have a TOEFL score of 250 or more."


4 is referred to Purdue, Stevens, OSU and UMD.


I scored 94/120 for my second attempt. I was grateful with that results. 
28/30 for reading, 27/30 for listening, 17/30 for speaking, 22/30 for writing.
My first attempt's score was 79/120. 
20/30 for reading, 23/30 for listening, 14/30 for speaking, 22/30 for writing.


Still, i scored bad in my speaking sections.


Still, i maintained my writing mark. I maintained the trends. I wonder why. 
My Q1 was KO. 
My Q2 was okay. 
It was totally opposite from others. Many scored better for Q1 than Q2. I wonder why. 
I am curious where i did wrong. I asked my friends. 
One of the interesting reply was "You are different."
Is that right? 


I did exercises for reading and listening. After the test, i thought it was more difficult than the first attempt in September. However, i scored pretty well for both sections. Thanks. 


I won't repeat my TOEFL anymore. I will let the luck to play its role. As for now, i pass all Universities TOEFL requirement except for University of Wisconsin-Madison. I repeated it was also because of Uwisc. Now, let's luck plays its role. 


Congratulations to those scored well. While for those who did not score well, believe me you will score well in your next attempts. Best of lucks to those who plan to retake. Best of lucks also to those who have already satisfied with their excellent results.


My TOEFL story has come to the end. Thanks for reading. 





No comments:

Post a Comment