Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Life as A Landoverian

I shall start with a popular maxim.

The original maxim goes like this:

"Don't judge a book by its cover!"

After paraphrasing it, it will go like this:-

"Don't judge Landoverians by their external appearances!"

When stepping in the class at the first time, my mind just got one word, "Bookworms". (Actually i got another word here, but it's not suitable anymore for this semester)

Now, many words can be used to describe Landoverians.
Landover Spring 2009 is the melting pot of people with different characteristics. Landover has a "sissy" but "handsome" if he were "straight" class rep. Landover has created a lot of rumours.

Landoverians are been isolated by (KMNO4)-
Potassium permanganate- What a coincidence!(But we have fun!--Chemistry Lecture) -

One more, coming soon, engineering field trip--Dutchlady! Landover has a lot of creative students.


However, i am just the acquaintance to most of my classmates. Some of them i have not even remembered their full name. Some of them i have not even cooperated with them. Some of them i have not even have their email addresses. Some of them i might have just say "HI" and "BYE".

I hope i will have a better introductory speech for coming semesters.

Quoting from one of my classmates,
"Siew La, you know what? Actually, you are cool!" (Sorry if the structure and organization of the sentence are wrong!)

To whom it might be concerned, i'm not as quiet as you thought and i can be talkative till the level of infinity. You can't even imagine that. Now, i have to admit that i'm quiet because i'm scare to talk in English. I'm scare i will pronounce something wrong. I'm scare you all don't get what i mean. I'm scare everything go wrong. {I know to get the skills we need practises!}

I have to tell something first before we proceed to next point, i have communication problems especially in English since i was a child. For eXample, when i pronounced "calculator", my friends would asked me to repeat it again and again. Thus, during my primary and secondary school, i try to reduce my conversation in English. What a coward i was! Now, i am forced to talk in English, there is no way to avoid it as i'm going to the USA!

--the below are the words that i always pronounce wrong during my high school--
Calculator, photostate, false, nearly all the words ended with "-te", almost all long words, ordinary, etc....

I appreciated my friends who have noticed my weaknesses and try to correct them although they have failed.

To Landoverians, i hope that you all will tell me when i pronounce wrong. I promise i won't be angry.

I won't talk about the fleming steamboat as Wahid has elaboration all in details in his post, this is the link.

Okay, enough for the 1st post in March!

To be continued...................

No comments:

Post a Comment