Saturday, August 29, 2009

My Future

These few days i was thinking too much about my future. TOO MUCH!
Since primary, i have to settle all my academic stuffs by myself.
I have to make decisions by myself.
what course, where to study, what to study, what time to study...
My dad and mum have never given any comments about it.
Frankly speaking, my family doesn't really go into academic stuff.
What i have achieved today is what i wanted to achieve.
None of them are my family's hope.
They did hope i could perform well in academic but they didn't expect me to score 12As' in SPM. They didn't expect to further my studies overseas.

Am i too ambitious? Am i?

About my future, i asked my parents' opinions, they said they couldn't decide for me as they didn't know anything about engineering. My mum said she just knew what an accountant is. She said if i wanted to be accountant, she would be the first one to disagree with that.

My future is an engineer. What is an engineer? My parents know nothing about it. I have to make the decision by my own self.

They give me financial support and moral support but not helping me to make any decisions.

By the way, thanks.

I dare to say that i have wasted a lot of your hard-earned money. It has never come to the end. I have to waste your money again for the sake of my future to apply universities.

Although my parents not rich enough to send me off to overseas, they always say don't worry about money, just use it wisely. Their words make me feel guilty, i know what they do to earn money. I know they are working days and nights to feed the whole family's members. My mum is doing part time after the office hours. My dad is working overtime. Why? To earn extra money to let me enjoy my life here.

Today, i have confessed about my real family situation. I blog about this is not to let my readers to feel pity for me. I just to let you guys know how i am here today and why i am still here to discover my future.

A lot of things i have to think of nowadays.

1 comment:

  1. hi gal,
    blog-hopping n found ur blog. hope u dont mind. ^_^

    anyway, i have undergone quite a same situation as u when i was in my prim./sec. years..u noe, my parents didnt push me n all tht sort of stuff tht u mentioned.n my mom is a housewife, so i myself didnt expect her to noe everything. i used to wonder y my parents didnt even scold me when i got bad result(n the worst?6marks in math,hahaha).but yea,they hd never really, really scold me.

    i felt weird abt tht. esp. when i heard my frenz being told off by their parents for low achievement. y did my parents treat me 'differently'?

    i had never really discovered the reason, thou. but when i look back, from where i am standing now,i appreciate tht, appreciate tht they dont really interfere with my life. tht means a lot to me, coz tht means they trust me. they trust me to make my own decision, to be on my own.just sharing, mybe u want to feel tht as well.bye~ ^_^

    cheers,
    emkay

    ReplyDelete