Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A short summary of year 2008

Jan-March

I attended Book-keeping Course at Kelantan Commercial School. Finally, I realized that account is not my cup of tea. I stopped the course and join the MUET tuition class. This first 3 months of the year were really a great experience. I knew lots of new friends and I hoped our friendship would stand forever.

8 March 2008

12th Election process of Malaysia! Miracle had happened! Opposition took over 5 states of 13 states of Malaysia.

12 March 2008

My SPM results came out.  Not expectablely that I had achieved 12A’s included my mother tongue.

13 March ahead

I started my scholarships application. I almost forgot how many scholarships I had applied. JPA, Petronas, YTM, Sime Darby, KPLSPM, etc…. If I am not mistaken, there were about 12 scholarships that I had applied.

April-May

Interviews processes had started. Although I applied for more than 10 scholarships, only 3 scholarships providers called me for the interview processes. Sime Darby, JPA and KPLSPM had qualified me as successful candidates for the interview processes.

12 May 2008

Form 6 and Matriculation started their programs. I had to register as a lower six student at SMK Tanah Merah 1 before I hadn’t been selected as student for matriculation program.

23 May 2008

I registered as a Matriculation student at Pahang Matriculation Centre (KMPH) because my appeal to the government had succeeded. The government offered me a place in KMPH. Thank you! I learned a lot of things when I still in KMPH, I had known a lot of good friends and these friends are still keeping touch with me. I always miss my life there.

June

9 June 2008

My KMPH’s new friends were celebrating birthday for me.

10 June 2008

I got the news that my appeals to government to secure JPA had succeeded. Thus, I planned to quit matriculation program and went to INTEC to start a new life there.

Mid of June ahead

I quitted from KMPH and prepared for my life at INTEC. I went on medical check-up and did several college admissions’ things.

29 June

I registered as a new student at INTEC. I met my new classmates and new lecturers. For me, everything at INTEC was totally different from everything at KMPH.

July-Oct

1st Semester had started. Honestly, in the beginning, I was thinking of quitting from ADFP program. I regretted from quitting from KMPH. However, days by days, I realized that it’s impossible for me to do so. Thus, what can I do? I just can try my best to brush up my English as most of the courses here were English course. For your information, I got GPA 3.00 for my mid-term examination; I was quite disappointed with my terrible results. After I heard that my KMPH’s friends and other colleges’ friends told me that their GCPA were above 3.5 or almost 4.0, I was frustrated and under pressure. After that, my SAT results had dropped my spirits as well. I got 750 for mathematics part but I just got 480 and 500 for writing and critical reading parts respectively. I hated myself. I regretted why I couldn’t be an expert in English Language. Day by day, I hadn’t shown any improvement. The final examination was over and I was ready to go home!

Nov-Dec

I came back to Kelantan straight away after my final test. I had nothing to do at home. I was day dreaming. I was thinking about my future. I was thinking about my course and my major. For your information, I will major in Mechanical Engineering (not very suitable for a girl) ~. Now I am wondering why I chose this course. There is no undo path for me! I must try my best no matter what course I will major in! I backed to Shah Alam for 1 week in November. It was just for the KARISMA-Chess Competition. Although I lost all the games, I learnt something new and knew that I was not good enough in Chess. In December, I joined 1 week camp at Gopeng. Besides, I was a committee member of Danell Lee’s mini concert at SRJK© Yuk Cheng! Now I’m writing for my last post of the year 2008! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment